Business development managers are responsible for driving business growth within a company. Growing a business means constantly looking for new opportunities. They are always on the hunt for new opportunities and ways to generate and grow business in numerous ways. An eye for new sales strategies, marketing opportunities, valuable tools and enhancing business operations is the key to success as well as having excellent communication skills. “Getting things done” is their personal tagline.
They develop a network of contacts to attract new clients, research new market opportunities and oversee growth projects, making sales projections and forecasting revenue, in line with projected income.
- Knowing how to identify prospects & new customers;
- Eager to develop new business within new accounts and segments;
- Leading new initiatives in “developing” the overall business;
- Easily engaging in new business opportunities;
- Hunting for new ways to “connect”;
- Being pro-active and having know how to make clear analyses;
- Knowing how to communicate: questioning, detecting the need behind the need, to think along, understanding how to deliver a confident elevator pitch.